A Blog of Writing, Reading, and Light Criticism.

Caution: No Napoleonic Content
.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Blogging Battlestar Galactica


Because I need to do something with this blog, and because I believe writing helps to keep the Black Dog at bay, I’m going to start a series on the latest (wow, last-decade) incarnation of Battlestar Galactica.  Here it comes.

Despite a life of loving Science Fiction, I’ve never stayed current with SF TV.  I missed most of the 90’s and all of the 00’s, including Babylon 5, Buffy, Firefly, and the entirety of BG’s run as a new show in 2004-2008.  (I did track down new Trek, though not exhaustively.)   I haven’t had cable since leaving home, and it wasn’t convenient to catch up via the early internet, so I let the whole thing go.

I knew at the time that BG was thought good, and I knew Starbuck was now a lady and that Cylons looked hot and worshipped God, but that was really it.

Now, Hallelujah.  I have Netflix, and BG is streamable.  The world breathes anew.  I’ve just recently started watching the show, and I’m going to capture impressions and criticisms here.  While I’ve encountered a few spoilers before now, I don’t think they’re tremendous.  I’ve begun from the beginning, and there are, what, 75 episodes ahead of me?  It looks like fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment